Joe Sango's Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Melbourne Team System User Group

I have been going through Team System functionality since last October upon initial CTP release and although lately it has'nt been my main focus, I am still very excited about the potential of the product, especially with the earmarked official release in November.
In a conversation I was having with Dave Lemphers, I proposed the idea of starting a VSTS user group in Melbourne that focuses soley on the Team System product and he is behind me all the way. Thanks Dave! :)

My idea is that the TSUG is not purely just for developers but potentially for all roles that VSTS provides functionality for e.g Project Managers, BA's, Architects, Testers etc.
Dave has held some great lunchtime sessions introducing VSTS to not only the development community, but to the "business" community that extend to all SDLC roles within a company which I think is fantastic. My vision is to extend that to form a diverse VSTS community that consists of all SDLC roles and are able to gain and share knowledge of how Team System can help them as a company colloborate more effectively on their software projects.

I would love to hear from anyone that would be interested in being a part of this.

The TSUG will be a mixture of technical material focused on the different VSTS components as well as structured business related information as in "How can we use this product/component effectively within our company?". Specific details to follow.

I am in the process of setting this up now so feel free to send me any suggestions or interests that you have.

Stay Tuned. :)

4 Comments:

  • Hi there Joe, we haven't officially met. I've been working with Readify since January, and have seen your bio on the Readify Intranet.
    Please put me down as an interested party in the VSTS user group, I also think there will be a few people interested from the place I'm currently working as they intend to start using VSTS soon after its RTM.
    Let me know if you need a hand with anything I'd love to help out.
    Cheers.

    By Blogger Scott, at 9:21 AM  

  • Thanks Scott.
    As soon as I have confirmed all the details for the meetings, I will let you know.
    I will see you in a couple of weeks anyway and we can do the whole meet and greet at the GC!

    Joe.

    By Blogger Joe Sango, at 1:20 PM  

  • Joe, we haven't met either, but I'm John Sullivan from ThoughtWorks. I definitely think the group is a good idea. I will probably have a few interested people at TW. Can you let me kbow if there is anything I can help with and keep me informed on what is happening
    Thanks!

    By Blogger John Sullivan, at 10:11 AM  

  • No problem John. Great to hear ThoughtWorks is interested in VSTS! We now have a website dedicated to the Melbourne VSTS user group so check out my post after this one for details.

    By Blogger Joe Sango, at 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home