Joe Sango's Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Single TFS Install Up and Running

I have finally had a second or five to sit down again and get TFS running on a single virtual machine. I am glad to report that it is all up and running and with the VS2005 IDE and Team Explorer running on my laptop, it runs like a dream baby yeahhh….The only hurdles I had were the permission issues that I spoke of in my earlier post with the TFSSERVICE user and the TFSREPORTS logins. I did end up putting them into the local admin group on the virtual machine and hey presto, no more tears. Still not convinced that its good practice but at this stage, I will take this win and carry on. Future “gotta look at” I guess…..

So now I got single and duel server install covered which is great timing actually, with the Melbourne VSTS user group later today at 5.30pm. If anyone is having dramas with installation, we can go through the process and try and see if we can group diagnose common problems.

I am looking forward to catching up with everyone and talking up everything VSTS and whatever else we end up chattin’ about!

See ya there….

1 Comments:

  • Does enybody knows how to make the installation work with another user name which is not TFSSetup, TFSReports, and so on.. I need a user name with a regular name like David for example

    By Anonymous Matan, at 3:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home